Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- Responsible for stakeholder analysis and maintenance
- Support the definition and documentation of IAM solutions and Cloud IAM controls, in line with information security standards and industry best practices
- To act as an engineering expert in Identity and Access Management capabilities and security controls in line with IAM security strategy and standards
- To assist and advise on cloud and non-cloud IAM architectures
- To integrate and aid IAM solutions for Economical line of businesses, Technical Solutions, and Information Security
- To assist and ensure continuous improvement within IAM security services by proposing and implementing emerging technologies and practices.
- To address and facilitate complex IAM and cross-functional technical issues promptly
- To evaluate new technologies and identify system requirements as related to IAM integration
What do you bring to the role?
- Industry experience designing and implementing methodologies for IAM solutions which include cloud technologies.
- Hands-on experience developing, installing, testing, and maintaining Identity and Access, Governance platforms including SailPoint IIQ, Azure Active Directory and Windows Active Directory,
- Working knowledge of engineering, developing, and deploying large-scale enterprise Identity Governance & Administration solutions, including Identity Management (Provisioning/ De-provisioning), Access Management, Authentication, MFA and Authorization
- Understanding of Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Identity Governance (Attestation, Re-certification, Reconciliation), Identity Federation, Single Sign-On, Privileged Access Management
- Working knowledge of Directory Services including Active Directory, LDAP, ADFS and Azure AD
- Working knowledge of IAM management for Cloud solutions, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Working knowledge with Privileged Access Management Solutions (CyberArk, etc.)
- Contribute to governance, planning and delivery of enterprise-level IAM program based on zero-trust (Identity, access, privileged access, SSO federation, cloud, MFA)
- Ability to document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- 4+ years of hands on working experience participating, engineering and designing IGA platforms
- Passionate about evangelizing standards around identity protection and security
- Strong core foundational experience in fundamental cloud technologies and services
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology related experience
- Excellent knowledge and relevant experience in security domains related to Identity and Access Management and Operations.
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors
- Strong desire to implement change and contribute to the organization
- One or more industry recognized information professional designations (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry regulations
- Unix/Linux/AIX expertise would be an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).