Bilingual Junior Claims Representative, Property
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 5179
Category : Claims
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
What can you expect in this role?
- Accepting notice of claim and working with the customer and preferred Vendors to ensure the best course of action is taken to resolve the claim quickly and efficiently
- Confirming policy coverage by ensuring the facts of the claim fall within the scope of the policy
- Maintaining detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Processing claims payments within level of authority after verifying claimant's entitlement
- Initiating salvage and subrogation procedures on assigned files
- Assist in managing the property queues
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or 2-year college diploma in one of the following programs: Insurance, Law & Security, Loss Control or Business Administration and/or the CIP designation
- Preference will be given to someone who has a minimum of 1-2 years of claims adjusting experience
- Must hold an AMF Loss Adjuster License (5A)
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- Preference will be given to candidates with related business experience, particularly in commercial and field adjusting
- Ability to navigate through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- Effective written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- Able to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).