Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
What can you expect in this role?
- As a Sr. Analyst / QE Lead, you will responsible for developing and executing test strategies and test plans for releases with a focus on optimized coverage across work streams
- Maximize test automation coverage by bringing in automation first mindset and look for opportunities to shift-left testing in the delivery process
- Work collaboratively with cross functional team across various work stream
- Lead a team of QE professionals and drive testing priorities to achieve the necessary business outcomes
- Provide accurate and detailed QE test status to stakeholders, along with issues, trends and potential impact and drive timely resolution of impediments
- Identify and select industry best practices, to support continuous process improvements and efficiencies in the overall QE processes at Economical
- Participate in the coordination of the change/release management and production implementation processes and activities
- Provide project and technical orientation and support for team members
- Support development of insurance domain knowledge and understanding of business processes within the team
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of Quality engineering experience with minimum 3 years leadership experience in leading QE initiatives and increasing Test Effectiveness and Quality
- 5 + years Digital QA experience (web and mobile)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java / Python
- Must have strong experience in development and maintenance of Test Automation Frameworks for digital applications, APIs, mobile using tools like Selenium, Tosca, Appium, Postman SOAPUI, Rest Assured etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery approaches and experience working in a DevOps environment
- Good understanding of RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- Experience in Insurance industry will be an asset
- Experienced interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adapting quickly to changing conditions and providing approaches for pragmatic improvement and delivering results on time
- Experience and understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).