Petline is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external clients
- Develop and improve internal processes, procedures and systems to meet sales targets, retention targets and service level
- Leading and supporting an engaged, high-performance team through employee sales/ service development, performance management, coaching and team effectiveness
- Driving compliance with quality assurance measurements to meet corporate objectives
- Leading on the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to grow and retain business
- Collaborating with the management team to support and deliver upon service excellence, sales, service level and retention targets
- Providing support and resolution strategies for clients and client escalations
- Participating in call calibration sessions to support ongoing quality assurance
- Participating in devising operational plans to achieve strategic goals
- Tracking, reporting and responding to metrics through adaptation of coaching and operational plans to meet sales, retention, service and quality targets
Your Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- General Insurance License, Level 2
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to remain calm and effective while working under pressure
- Professional, friendly and courteous — bonus points for a good sense of humour
- Able to successfully build effective business relationships
- Able to promote and contribute to a positive work environment by encompassing our values
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).