Sr Analyst, Broker Compensation
Job ID : 7211
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range : $66,300 - $122,100
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Support all aspects of Commissions financial reporting within S&D
- Prepare timely, accurate, and complete financial information (recurring and ad-hoc) and reports, including proforma financial analysis
- Support the business plan and quarterly forecasting processes for all levels of commissions
- Prepare analysis, executive presentations, and Board level materials to support the management team
- Financial performance review and modelling, operational performance review, covenant monitoring including regulatory reporting support and other recurring reporting duties required for new and existing incentive and compensation deals
- Development and maintenance of financial analysis related to all aspects of S&D operations. Assisting with the identification of the correct source of data, extracting the data, and structuring it in a meaningful way
- Support analysis and review including modelling of CPC and other enhanced compensation programs
- Support and maintain execution of legal and other complex agreements
- Providing S&D customers with value-added financial information and analysis to assist in their decision-making process
- Monitor commission and contract activity within the Canadian P&C industry, including the development of presentations
- Support broker management including onboarding, manage mailbox, and other operational responsibilities as required
- Key personnel who interact and works closely with various stakeholders like Finance, legal, risk, auditors on frequent basis
- Provides standard and ad hoc financial and business reporting and analysis in support of business priorities.
What do you bring to the role?
- University or college degree in a business, finance, or related program
- Candidates with financial designation CPA/CFA or pursuing a designation will be preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team or independently with supervision
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze complex accounting policies and standards, with specific knowledge and experience with IFRS considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Modelling skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet and remain calm under tight deadlines
- Ability to produce clear reports and presentations, including strong working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Insurance industry experience would be beneficial
Salary range is $66,300 - $122,100.
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay,eligible employees may participate various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).