Senior Appraiser, Auto
Job ID : 7207
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Posting Range : $55,800 - $102,800
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
• Travel to various sites within Montreal and surrounding area to review automotive physical damage and conduct appraisals
• Complete appraisal and negotiates with repair facilities on proper repair methods and pricing
• Control expenditure to repair facilities by following up promptly on further damage reported by the repair facility
• Complete remote appraisals and negotiates with third parties (facilities that are not part of preferred vendor program)
• Review subrogation estimates for proper repair methods and pricing
• Assist and cooperates with colleagues during busy periods
• Process total loss claims in an expedited manner
• Complete vehicle re-inspections as required.
• Participate in various team and performance meetings
• Cover all regions within Canada within the remote estimating program and Image Capture
• Complete Autosource information documents for total loss files and stolen (not recovered) vehicles when requested
• Provide technical expertise (assistance) to adjusting staff when requested in person or remotely
• Maintain a high level of expertise in automobile repair techniques, estimating software and hardware and vehicle evaluations
• Provide possible new methods to improve current workflow for team leader review
• Perform desk audits to assure compliance
• Handle towing issues in consultation with the towing team
• Work in tandem with other appraisers when required to cover staffing shortages, vacation time, absences etc.
What do you bring to the role?
• Minimum 4 years of direct experience appraising/estimating automobile physical damages
• Preference will be given to candidate with a Certified Auto-Body Repairmen License (class A or B / 310B Journeyman OR Red Seal)
• A member of the Groupement des Assureurs Automobiles (GAA) would be an asset has it is required for this role
• Proficiency with estimating software is required (Audatex, Mitchell)
• Technical knowledge of auto body collision and mechanical repairs
• College/university/technical degree is an asset
• Must have good working knowledge of the collision industry
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Completion of I-Car and/or technical courses is an asset (continued education will be required)
• Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Must bring a positive attitude and team focus to the role
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders
• Fluently bilingual (French and English) High degree of proficiency with English required to service customers, both internal to the company and external, across Canada.
• Valid Quebec Driver’s License and clean driving record
Salary range is $55,800 - $102,800
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay,eligible employees may participate various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).