Administrator, IRCA Processing
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7206
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Posting Range : $39,000 - $67,300
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Process different types of transactions, including (but not limited to) renewals and policy changes depending on your level of authority.
- Work with the IRCA (Individually Rated Commercial Automobile) team to maintain a profitable insurance portfolio.
- Develop and apply knowledge of product solutions, types of risks and Economical processes.
- Provide exceptional service to broker partners in all interactions.
- Contribute to the achievement of established service level agreements and operational service level agreements.
- Consistently meet expectations in terms of production and quality of work.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of underwriting guidelines and standard operating procedures, risk exposure factors, pricing structures, and hazards to assess risks. class and rate transactions.
- Ensure that insurance policies are priced according to company guidelines and that the rate is adequate in the relevant policy management system.
- Ensure compliance with provincial auto insurance regulations.
- Identify and escalate gaps in SharePoint, case management systems, policy management systems and phone systems performance.
- Look to find opportunities for continuous improvement to maximize efficiency and broker experience.
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have post-secondary credential(s) or the CIP designation.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in commercial automobile underwriting.
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions, both with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to perform tasks well in a busy environment while maintaining composure under pressure.
- Team spirit and ability to adapt well to a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).