Sr Analyst, Corporate Underwriting Agribusiness/Farm - 16 Month Contract
Job ID : 7193
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Dartmouth, Canada
Posting Range : $66,300 - $122,100
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
The incumbent is accountable for the overall underwriting of the Agribusiness/Farm Property & Casualty line of business within the Corporate Underwriting department. This includes development and revisions of the corporate underwriting guidelines, authority, products and reinsurance protocols. This position is national in scope and encompasses all Regions and Divisions writing commercial insurance on behalf of the company. They are simultaneously responsible for providing direction and support to the Region Vice Presidents and Segment Leads to ensure compliance with company underwriting requirements. The incumbent will ensure that complex underwriting issues are resolved effectively and are elevated to the Director, Corporate Underwriting, as necessary.
What can you expect in this role?
- Underwriting Quality and Risk Appetite: Acts as a contributor and Region/Division contact for P&C Corporate Underwriting for other departments and provide direction and support to the regions and/or divisions on underwriting matters. Engage in underwriting decision-making when risks fall outside the scope of regional authority. Elevate underwriting matters to the Sr. Technical Specialist or AVP, Corporate Underwriting, as necessary
- Product Development: Working closely with other Head Office Departments (Pricing, ERM, Corporate Communications, Claims, IT) in the development and introduction of new or amended products. Guide the development and implementation of procedures coincidental with such changes
- Underwriting Guidelines: Identify and implement necessary changes to underwriting and pricing guidelines to support corporate objectives, underwriting philosophy and changes in the marketplace. Ensure that changes maintain the integrity of our pricing, policy and practices
- Analysis excess facultative reinsurance and treaties for Property and Casualty risks to ensure alignment of appetite, retention and primary coverage
- Portfolio analysis to understand trends, profitability and market competitors
What do you bring to the role?
- The incumbent is expected to bring both strong technical Agribusiness/Farm Property & Casualty underwriting skills to this position
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline
- Strong organizational skills; Excellent problem-solving skills; able to gather information, analyze critically and cut through complexity to arrive at workable solutions and the ability to influence and effectively negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps build and maintain a culture of high performance and sustained profitable growth by promoting and supporting an environment that encourages productivity, collaboration, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism.
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills; excellent computer literacy and analytic skills
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).