Manager, National Accident Benefits
Job ID : 7196
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Vancouver, Canada
Posting Range : $84,000 - $154,700
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Lead a team of 5 - 7 Team Leaders overseeing a portfolio of Accident Benefit claims
- Provide strategic direction, coaching and mentorship to Team Leaders
- Drive financial, strategic and operational objectives
- Provide technical oversight, authority and direction
- Effective planning, recruiting, development and retention of skilled and engaged talent
- Engage all stakeholders in effective portfolio management ,including underwriting, actuary and senior claims leadership.
- Ensure appropriate governance and oversight.
- Drive our quality assurance, transformation and continuous improvement journey
- Creating, implementing and measuring action plans to address gaps and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional claims teams and broker partners
- Have a team mentality and ability to work outside of silos.
- Lead change
What do you bring to this role?
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year college diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college
- Completion of FCIP, CIP or CRM designation is an asset
- A minimum of 10 years general claims handling experience
- A minimum of 5 years claims leadership experience
- Proficiency and strong knowledge of Accident Benefits claims handling and portfolio management
- You must be enthusiastic and goal oriented
- Execution focused with a demonstrated history of change management
- Experience in an agile and fast paced environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
- You bring a sense of understanding and inclusion to problem solving
- Develop collaborative relationships with both external and internal customers
- You’re dependable with strong interpersonal skills
- Engagement and culture champion
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Excel)
Salary range is $$84,000 - $154,700
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).