Bilingual High-Volume Recruiter
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7183
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range : $55,800 - $102,800
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
You will play a pivotal role in helping our business by finding, engaging and hiring great talent. In partnership with our business leaders, you will develop and execute effective recruitment strategies that will help streamline the high-volume hiring process and ensure that our positions are filled with quality performers within the required timeframes.
This role supports our Claims division, hiring front line customer service and insurance agents that help thousands customers across Canada during some of their most difficult moments. Ensuring we have the right amount of agents to service our customers is pivotally important to our business, and this role plays a direct hand in ensuring we meet that goal.
- Work with Hiring Managers to identify position requirements and develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to draw in a large number of qualified candidates through various channels
- Lead the high-volume hiring process by sourcing, screening, shortlisting, and interviewing candidates
- Track recruitment metrics throughout the pipeline, identifying areas where pass rates and/or time in phase are too long and create strategies to mitigate any issues
- Report back on hiring themes/quality of hire to your hiring leaders and broad Claims leaders
- Stay informed of industry trends and themes that could impact our ability to recruit
- Perform background checks, investigate references
- Bilingual in French/English required
- A Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Human Resources Management and/or CHRL designation is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a High Volume Recruiter or HR related role
- Excellent oral communication skills including strong delivery skill to effectively speak with and sell to candidates and hiring
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change, coaching and not compromise the details.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset. Someone who is always critically looking at how we do things and how we can make them better
- Proficiency in sourcing tools like Linkedin and Indeed
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).