Integrated Marketing & Communication Business Partner - People & Culture
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7109
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range : $74,100 - $136,500
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
This IMC business partner opportunity is focused on our People & Culture function.
Reporting to the AVP, Partnership & Operations within our IMC team, this role plans and oversees initiatives involving core capabilities from the IMC team that are specific to the People & Culture function.
This is a significant role on our IMC team as People & Culture is our largest and closest partner in the business. As part of Definity, the People & Culture team is accountable for making insurance better by creating a better employee experience. Strategic focus areas include hybrid employee experience; total rewards; inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility; employer brand; and talent acquisition & development.
As such, this role has accountability for a diverse portfolio of work that operates across the company. We’re in search of a highly professional advisor, collaborator, and content expert comfortable with executive engagement, leader alignment, and translating priorities into meaningful communication plans and programs.
- Serve as strategic partner to advise People & Culture leaders on optimal communication and creative marketing approaches for various priorities and initiatives and act as the primary point of contact and content lead
- Collaborate to deliver a comprehensive communication and marketing strategy for People & Culture that meets business goals, supports business as usual People & Culture programs, and aligns to Definity’s corporate narrative and employer brand, with the support of the IMC leadership team and key channel experts
- Collaborate on governance, prioritization, and project management with key peers and internal client stakeholders to ensure the mutual needs and expectations of the People & Culture and IMC teams are delivered upon
- Combine subject matter understanding, communication expertise, marketing expertise, and organizational knowledge to deliver strategic, professional communication and marketing counsel and collateral to senior leadership, functional leadership, and departmental teams
- Plan and oversee integrated marketing and communication strategies that support the execution of People & Culture programs, goals, and objectives. To deliver on these plans, work across IMC functions including Operations, Corporate Communication, and Brand & Marketing
- Independently and with the support of senior leadership, participate in strategic meetings with senior leaders, including attending the Human Resources Leadership Team meetings on a regular basis
- Champion a consistent voice and ensure key strategic messages and plans are developed and implemented to achieve People & Culture business goals; brief in project teams and act as first reviewer for strategic collateral
- Track progress and effectiveness using measurement and clear metrics to demonstrate business value achieved through marketing or communication programs
- Provide monthly activity reports and quarterly performance summaries to the Human Resources Leadership Team
- Actively contribute and align People & Culture updates and priorities to corporate narrative and employer brand initiatives
- Initiate and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in communication, marketing, or other related discipline
- 10+ years of progressive communication or marketing work experience, with proven ability to develop creative, compelling, and engaging narrative
- Experience and confidence working with and advising leaders at executive and management levels on integrated communication or marketing strategies
- Strong ability to influence, network, and develop fruitful relationships across creative, communication, and business teams throughout the organization
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Ideally with previous experience in the insurance or financial services sectors, and working in collaboration with or supporting HR in large, national organizations
- Strategic capability to develop and implement innovative and relevant messaging frameworks and integrated communication or marketing programs, dealing with employee experience and employer brand topics
- Manages effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Resilience and ability to enjoy working, managing, and implementing multiple projects and tasks with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
Salary Range is $74,100 - $136,500
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).