Leadership and Development Manager (18 Month Contract)
Job ID : 7178
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range : $74,100 - $136,500
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
As a thought and action leader, you contribute to establishing a leadership development mandate that helps our talent be ready to support our future growth ambitions. In partnership with our HR Business Partners, People Leaders and Executive teams, you support bringing to life a culture of continuous development and growth.
This is an enterprise focused and individual contributor opportunity that requires a good blend of thinking and doing. Success means developing a high degree of trust and influence with stakeholders to deliver the learning and development experiences and programs that grow the capabilities Definity needs to enable a high-performance culture.
- Takes a lead role in managing implementation of multi-year Leadership Development plan and experience with stakeholders across the organization to positively impact attraction, retention, engagement and high-performance.
- Oversees the end-to-end project and program lifecycles, approvals across multiple programs, departments and for the enterprise. Develops, designs, communicates with stakeholders at the Manager to ELT levels and measures high-impact learning content in collaboration with key business partners, internal advisory groups and subject matter experts. Examples include High-Performing Leader, Leadership Essentials, and Leader2Leader Panels.
- Responsible for the annual rollout of High-Performing Executive Program for VP’s and AVP’s which includes managing the relationship with our partners from Queens University, influencing curriculum design, and communications with internal stakeholders including ELT and all program participants.
- Ensures learning solutions demonstrate best practices in adult learning principles, social, mobile and micro-learning. Identifies and maximizes opportunities to utilize technology for training content and learning sustainment.
- Ensures we have a relentless focus on measuring learner experience and learning retention. Benchmarks best practices and collect/analyze organizational metrics to identify opportunities to strengthen Talent Management and Employee Experience efforts across Definity.
- Maintains new and ongoing relationships with external vendors and networks to ensure currency and relevancy of training industry trends and best practices.
- Builds and maintains a network of internal champions and contributors who are aligned to providing input and feedback for leadership development programming. Supports our Business Unit HR teams as a relationship leader for Talent Management to drive progress of both our enterprise talent strategy and unique talent needs within each business.
- Key point of contact for assessment needs through the organization below executive level and recommending most appropriate action to support development needs.
- Champions our inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility philosophy and practice in all talent programs and processes, in support of a diverse and inclusive culture and workforce.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in leadership development, learning design or talent management.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Human Resources Management and/or CHRL designation is an asset.
- A leader and conceptual thinker, comfortable with ambiguity, and able to shift between strategy development and operation deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of current talent, leadership, performance and learning practices.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence stakeholders, motivate and guide cross-functional teams towards project success.
- A passion for program design and facilitating learning in a variety of settings to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent oral communication skills including strong delivery and facilitation skills and to effectively present information to diverse audiences.
- Conviction that diversity and inclusivity is a strategic differentiator.
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change, coaching and not compromise the details.
- Mastery of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Salary Range: $74,100 - $136,500
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).