Manager, Planning and Forecasting
Job ID : 7172
Category : Finance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range : $77,700 - $157,000
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Lead the execution of the organization-wide budgeting and forecasting cycles including consolidation of the various operational and head office department budgets
- Deliver Executive and Board level materials to support approval of forecasts and budgets in line with our strategic objectives
- Evaluate financial performance against targets, providing meaningful insights on trends and variances
- Serve as a strategic team member to operational business partners in preparation of their detailed bottoms-up budgets and forecasts
- Drive continuous enhancements to existing budget / forecast processes, systems, and reporting in terms of value-add, maturity and efficiency
- Develop scenario-based financial models to support strategic decision making
- Provide finance and business partner support for ad-hoc requests
- Supervise, develop, mentor, and coach the planning team currently consisting of three financial analysts
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed university degree, preferably within accounting, business, or finance
- Recognized Canadian accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a people leadership role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Extensive experience in financial ownership of cross-functional initiatives and experience in strategic planning, project management, executive communication, thought leadership and change management
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion / Essbase reporting tools considered an asset
- P&C Insurance experience considered an asset
Salary range is $77,700 - $157,000.
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).