Manager, Business Development SME & IRCA
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7154
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range : $74,100 - $136,500
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- The Manager, Business Development (BD) drives the profitable growth of Economical's Small Business (SME and IRCA) by planning and communicating sales strategies at a National level and with Key Regional Brokers, maximizing return on resources invested and providing input and feedback to the rest of the organization. Reporting to the AVP, Ontario Region and dotted line to the AVP, Small Business and Director, Commercial Lines IRCA the incumbent is responsible for growing relationships with National and Key Regional Brokers and consistently implementing the sales process to identify opportunities to grow Economical's presence and profitability with a focus on Small Business (e.g., financing, portfolio transfers, new Broker appointments, etc.).
- Provides guidance to National Business Development team members on developing and implementing sales plans at the Territory and Broker levels, negotiating terms and conditions with Brokers, and executing marketing and promotional campaigns, with a focus on building and maintaining strong broker CSR/account manager relationships.
- Critical to this role is continually assessing the marketplace for competitive information, technology trends and generating new ides to grow the business while promoting broker self-serve capabilities within Small Business.
- Implements, monitors and ensures achievement of growth and profitability targets and key performance indicators (KPI’s) as set out by Head Office (HO) Sales & Distribution (S & D) .
- To support operational and service excellence, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring staff receive the training, coaching, resources and support required to be successful in their roles.
- Most importantly, the Manager, Business Development must create a strong culture of collaboration between Regional BD, HO UW and Regional UW nationally.
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed College Diploma or University Degree preferably within accounting, business, finance or in a relevant discipline
- CIP designation, or a commitment to completing the CIP is required
- Valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company
- Min 5 yrs experience in sales, commercial underwriting, commercial property and auto exp in Personal and Commercial Insurance Industry
- Business development experience is a strong asset
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated sales performance meeting or exceeding sales targets in support of both Personal and Commercial Insurance corporate strategies
- Very strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
Salary range is $74,100 - $136,500.
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).