Appraiser - National Property
Job ID : 7138
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Posting Range : $55,800 - $102,800
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance to Property Vendor Program Instructions for estimates and have a proficient working knowledge of the Xactware/Xactimate (Verisk) suite of software.
- Complete national property desk audits/virtual re-inspections within the current Program Instructions/National Service Level Agreement
- Estimate writing through our Express program
- Provides technical expertise pertaining to structural property damage to Regional Management and Claim handlers nationally
- Collaborate with all Definity Repair Partners to build positive working relationships
- Monitors estimating platforms to ensure vendors adhere to the Contractor Program Instruction
- Works closely with national vendor partners on programs, pricing and protocols
- Works closely with national vendor partners, providing support with the effective use of estimating software programs where required
- Background and ability to read and interpret industry standard scope / estimates
- Provides technical consultation on environmental losses where required
- Researches newest technology and makes recommendations both internally and externally about adopting same
- Promotes Definity’s claims programs during vendor visits
- Assists with complaint handling and dispute resolution as needed
- Maintains a high level of expertise in all estimating software and hardware
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on regional pricing and unit costing issues as needed
- Participates in projects and other initiatives as assigned by Claims Management Team
What do you bring to the role?
- Experience as a Construction Estimator, Project Manager, Project Manager Assistant, or project site manager within the insurance restoration industry. Commercial Building Construction Experience is an asset.
- Bilingualism is a strong asset (English/French)
- Understanding of provincial and national building codes along with a solid understanding of residential and commercial construction terminology
- Solid understanding of verisk estimating software suite of programs.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions whether with co-workers, customers or vendor partners
- Able to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy work environment with limited supervisory interaction
- Must value teamwork, ownership and flexibility
Salary range is $55,800- $102,800
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).