Broker Education Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7149
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range : $74,100 - $136,500
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
Broker Education - Program Manager
The Broker Education - Program Manager is responsible for building out our Broker Learning and Producer Development Program and enhancing sales training capabilities. They will also play a role in driving Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) initiatives, and collaborating with brokers and internal stakeholders on the execution of various other learning and sales initiatives.
This role will provide development and growth opportunities to our brokers to assist them in acquiring the skills and knowledge required to meet the present and changing demands of the industry which will further enhance our Broker relationships.
The Broker Education - Program Manager will be accountable for building and operationalizing the Definity Broker Development program, developing the training content, partnering with internal business teams and supporting/coordinating learning event activities.
What can you expect in this role?
Build and Operationalize the Definity Broker Development Program (BDP):
- Lead the build and design of the Definity BDP Program.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders including Learning and Development, Human Resources and Business representatives across Definity to launch and operationalize the program
- Serve as the overall expert in all aspects of the broker learning and producer development system
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of the program by coordinating with facilitators and leveraging various delivery methods such as workshops, webinars and online courses.
- Will liaise with universities/colleges and other industry associations
Develop Training Content and Facilitate Training:
- Develop industry leading experience focused on producer sales success, lead generation, negotiation skills, personal growth, customer knowledge and technical training, networking, social media presence, as the main pillars and then systems training
- Ensure that content is regularly added, reviewed, and updated to align with evolving business needs
- Attend relevant learning and development programs as needed to stay current on industry trends and best practices
- Maintain up-to-date branding to ensure a cohesive and professional learning environment
- Proactively identify and promote broker best practices through assessment and evaluation of industry trends and research
- Stay up to date on DE&I company strategy and ensure training is consistent with what is promoted internally, offering material that is focused on DE&I initiatives.
Learning & Development Liaison for DE&I Initiatives:
- Facilitate with HR / L&D on incorporating ESG and DE&I initiatives into the PDP program
- Select relevant content, help develop and execute strategy, work with marketing and communications, and provide reporting
- Manage budgetary aspects of the education program, allocating resources efficiently to maximize the impact of the training initiatives
- Offer event support for learning and development activities, including logistics and coordination, when required.
- Work closely with marketing and communications to create effective marketing materials for the program
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the program by collecting feedback and making adjustments to ensure program quality
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Human Resources, Education, Business)
- Proven experience in learning and development, preferably in a managerial or project management role
- Experience in the adult Education domain
- Previous experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Instructional design experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and experience developing presentations in PowerPoint.
- Capability in e-learning design and development
- Experience facilitating in-person and virtual training using MS Teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (IDEA)
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of the Insurance Industry is highly advantageous
Salary range is $74,100 - $136,500.
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).