Regional Vendor Manager
Job ID : 7100
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Mississauga, Canada
Posting Range : $74,100 - $136,500
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect from the role?
- The Regional Vendor Manager – Property is accountable for the oversight and performance management of multiple external Claims vendor partners that are significant in scope, complexity, and criticality at the regional level.
- Accountable for supporting on/off boarding vendor process, monitoring vendor performance and risk via dashboards, reporting, and deliver performance reviews in accordance with governance structure at the operation level to our key vendor partners
- Cultivate strong partnerships that foster strategic alignment with key business partners and external vendor partners.
- Have a strong understanding of claims process, as well as external vendor process, and be a champion of change and seek ongoing improvement opportunities, both in terms of process and financial benefits
- Represent vendor management in the participation of new and existing initiative working sessions.
- Have a solid understanding of contractual terms and contract management, communication and expectations, performance management, and issue escalation.
- Responsible for first level risk and issue management, escalating, and tracking, and will support the vendor manager in remediation plans.
- This is a hybrid role requiring a combination of virtual and in-person work at both Definity and vendor locations.
What you bring to the role?
- Ideally bilingual French/English
- University degree or College Diploma in related fields beneficial
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in vendor management function, advanced knowledge of property vendor business lines
- Knowledge of sourcing, negotiation, and contracts management practices
- Experience with and working on high performance teams, demonstrated skills in stakeholder management, insurance operations and claims background.
- G.A.A. appraisal license is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license
- Analytical with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
- Organized and able to support the development and execution of business strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships and internal/external stakeholder management.
Salary range is $74,100 - $136,500
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).