Coordinator, Vendor Programs
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7099
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Mississauga, Canada
Posting Range : $42,400 - $78,100
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect from the role?
- Act as an “agent of change” to forward Definity’s vendor management goals, including responding to ad hoc requests for information about the SVM Policy and SVM Standards & Guidelines
- Coordinate business area compliance with minimum governance requirements, including providing support scheduling meetings, establishing agendas
- Support the administration and review of business unit vendor review assessments
- Complete quality assurance checks on vendor engagements to ensure compliance with SVM Standards & Guidelines
- Coordinates record keeping of Economical’s third party engagement including managing data quality and following up with other team members to clarify information
- Records, tracks and drives-to-completion follow up requirements from meetings (i.e. action items) with various vendors and internal stakeholders across business areas
- Manages, in collaboration with business units, the tracking of vendor’s performance metrics against the contracted service level agreements (SLA)
- Provides feedback and insights into process improvements and supports ad hoc projects implementing improvements to the process
- Assists with the onboarding and offboarding of vendor locations
What you bring to the role?
- University degree or College Diploma in related fields beneficial
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in insurance or a related field, knowledge of property vendor business lines
- Knowledge of document management practices
- Experience with and working on high performance teams, demonstrated skills in stakeholder management, insurance operations and claims background.
- Analytical with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
- Organized and able to support the development and execution of business strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships and internal/external stakeholder management.
Salary range is $42,400 - $78,100
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).