Integrated Marketing & Communication Business Partner - Technology Solutions, Claims, & Corporate Functions
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7113
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range : $74,100 - $136,500
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
This IMC business partner opportunity is focused primarily on our Technology Solutions and Claims functions, with alignment to other corporate initiatives or functions as needed.
Reporting to the AVP, Partnership & Operations within our IMC team, this role plans and oversees initiatives involving core capabilities from the IMC team that are specific to the Technology, Claims, or other corporate client groups. This IMC Business Partner will have a strong focus on partnering to deliver communication and marketing initiatives that support our strategic focus areas to maintain our pace of innovation and to deliver superior customer experiences.
- Provide strategic consulting and delivery accountability, while working closely with senior stakeholders from Technology, Claims, and other corporate business units, as well as immediate peers and leaders from marketing or communication disciplines
- Serve as a strategic partner to advise business leaders on optimal approaches for IMC programs that highlight our digital leadership presence, innovation journey, or reliable claims experiences, depending on the program, as well as engagement and business-focused internal communication opportunities, and act as the primary point of contact and messaging expert
- Champion a consistent voice and ensure key strategic messages and plans are developed and implemented to influence employee, broker, or customer experiences and preference; and educate internal and external stakeholders on business priorities
- Work closely with IMC team members to identify strategic alignment, marketing, and communication opportunities across business programs; actively contribute business updates and priorities to enterprise corporate narrative and brand marketing efforts
- Brief in project teams from within IMC to contribute to IMC strategies that support strategic business goals; where required, act as a first reviewer for strategic collateral, and provide guidance to supporting project teams from briefing to delivery
- Partner with business unit leadership and IMC leaders and operations experts to ensure appropriate demand management throughout the year
- In collaboration with Corporate Communication and Brand & Marketing:
- Align the thought leadership strategy for the relevant Executive Leadership Team member(s) with the corporate narrative via external or internal communication opportunities such as speaking engagements and presentations
- Closely integrate brand marketing or strategic communication plans into a holistic view of IMC deliverables and programs
- Play a key role in guiding and delivering effective and engaging programs delivered by the IMC team
- Participate in business unit senior leadership or project leadership meetings to proactively solicit marketing and communication opportunities
- Support project teams and business teams with branded tool kits and templates that offer efficient delivery of enterprise, department, or other stakeholder communication efforts
- In partnership with Operations, Corporate Communication, and Brand & Marketing colleagues, track progress and effectiveness using measurement and clear metrics to demonstrate business value achieved through integrated marketing and communication programs
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in communication, marketing, or other related business discipline
- 10+ years of progressive communication or marketing work experience, with proven ability to develop creative, compelling, and engaging narrative
- Experience and confidence working with and advising leaders at executive and management levels on integrated communication or marketing strategies
- Experience working as a communication or marketing professional within the property and casualty insurance industry is an asset
- Strong ability to influence, network, and develop fruitful relationships across creative, communication, and business teams throughout the organization
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Ideally with previous experience in the insurance or financial services sector
- Skilled at building effective presentation storyboards and messaging frameworks, and working with designers or narrative experts to visualize key data points or complex concepts into succinct and meaningful material
- Strategic capability to develop and implement innovative and relevant communication or marketing programs, dealing with complex business issues for various audiences
- Comfortable leveraging technology as a communication platform and being able to work creatively and strategically
- Manages effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Resilience and ability to enjoy working, coordinating, and implementing multiple projects and tasks
- Hands-on admin experience with using content management systems and collaboration tools (e.g., SharePoint, Yammer, MS Teams)
Salary Range is $74,100 - $136,500
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).