Specialist, Broker Solutions
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7091
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Posting Range : $54,800 - $100,800
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
Reporting to the Manager, Broker Solutions, you’ll be responsible for developing, supporting, and monitoring broker facing strategic and operational initiatives. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that broker and external views are incorporated into project requirements, testing, business implementation, communication, marketing deliverables, and making decisions on behalf of Broker Solutions. These solutions facilitate communications and business transactions between the broker and Economical companies across all lines of business as well as claims.
Who are we looking for?
- You’re professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- You’re a self-starter who remains focused under pressure
- You can successfully multitask and work to tight deadlines
- You’re decisive and see beyond what is presented; to bring new views into current thinking
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- You perform well in a busy operation, remain calm under pressure
- You’re a team player who is adaptable to a changing environment
What can you expect from this role?
- You’ll provide input into, and drive requirements representing an external/broker view and needs
- You’ll develop corporate business implementation strategies with roles and responsibilities, while leading the execution of this during the project stage
- You’ll develop processes to operationalize each solution and ensure clear and continued knowledge transfer takes place with the business development specialist
- You’ll monitor the progress of Business Implementation activities until close out of the project and address gaps
- You’ll work with the business development specialist team to ensure staff are equipped to execute their individual implementation plans
- You’ll perform end users’ reviews of the solution prior to production implementation and work with TS to address issues
- Development and ongoing ownership of broker facing workflow and end-user training documents
- You’ll identify training needs of brokers and develop curriculum and content to close gaps
- You’ll deliver workflow training to support areas as required
- You’ll monitor the operational implementation of broker-facing solutions
- You’ll create reports and metrics to monitor usage at a corporate level and identify areas of opportunity for growth and where challenges to adoption (i.e. low adoption) are seen.
- You’ll act as a subject matter expert for brokers, internal support teams and the business development specialist on solutions
- You’ll develop implementation plans and execute them when fixes or enhancements to a solution are made.
- You’ll conduct market research to ensure familiarity with industry technology, other carrier solutions and the needs of the brokers relative to technology and workflow
- You’ll ensure those requirements and needs form part of solutions delivered by TS and create awareness amongst Sales and Distribution leadership
- You’ll design processes to support not only the initial implementation of broker workflow and technology solutions, but also monitor the effectiveness of the implementation and support process and make ongoing adjustments as required.
- You’ll ensure awareness across Economical companies and within regions.
What you bring to this role?
- University degree, college diploma or CIP designation
- Minimum of 3 years in the property and casualty industry. Preference will be given to applicants with prior knowledge and understanding of broker workflows, operations, and technology
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with delivering training and presentations, group facilitation, negotiating and needs analysis is an asset
- Prior understanding of and/or experience with Economical’s project methodology is an asset
Salary range is $54,800 - $100,800.
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).