Sr Specialist, Content Marketing
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7095
Brand : Sonnet
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Posting Range : $64,400 - $118,500
Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
What can you expect in this role?
As a senior member of Sonnet’s Digital Content team, you’ll review and create content that educates and motivates our target audiences – delivering a consistent experience throughout the customer journey and across all our digital channels that meets our business goals.
You’ll support the Content Manager in:
- Driving the overall content strategy and reporting on KPIs to senior leadership
- Acting as a mentor and peer reviewer for the Content Specialists on our team
- Ensuring all content meets accessibility requirements, quality and brand standards
You’ll work cross functionally with business stakeholders, and collaboratively with our team of SEO, Design, CRM, UX and Development specialists, to deliver:
- Strategic, high-value content tailored to target audiences
- User-first web content that is optimized for search engines
- Clear and concise micro copy that guides users through the journey
You’ll review and interpret available data/reports and use it to:
- Improve content development and iteration
- Inform conversion rate optimization
What do you bring to the role?
- You have a University degree or college diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field and a minimum of 7 years of professional experience writing content
- You have intermediate insurance industry knowledge and experience (CIP designation is an asset)
- You embody the qualities of a mentor – offering guidance, direction and advice, influencing the professional growth of your peers
- You’re a critical thinker who constructively asks questions, analyses, interprets and evaluates a problem from all angles to arrive at the best solution
- You’re experienced in presenting your work to stakeholders and senior leaders, including rationale and supporting insights to tell a story
- You’re a strong copywriter and editor – able to translate complex information and business goals into easy to understand and effective copy, while meeting accessibility standards
- You’re data-driven and skilled at SEO, with experience using tools to research and analyze performance (ie Google Search Console, SEMRush, or similar)
- You have experience working with a CMS and are a fast learner when it comes to using new platforms and software
- You’re very organized (Jira experience is an asset), resourceful, and detail-oriented – accountable for a variety of content assets from start to finish
- You’re customer-focused and thrive in a collaborative and agile team environment
- You’re always open to learning and expanding your skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
Salary range is $64,400 - $118,500
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).