Intermediate Representative, Accident Benefits Claims (West)
Job ID : 7052
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Edmonton, Canada
Posting Range : $47,400 - $87,100
Definity is the parent company to some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative property and casualty insurers. We can’t do that without our people, so we embrace and encourage a culture that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
We offer a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Bring your true self and be a part of our journey. It’s better here.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Accident Benefit Claims, you are accountable for investigating, evaluating and settling Accident Benefit claims
What can you expect in this role?
- Report to the Team Leader, Accident Benefit Claims, while investigating, evaluating and settling accident benefit claims in accordance with the Insurance Act
- Securing details of claims by corresponding with claimants and/or representatives
- Assessing coverage eligibility and reviewing and applying interpretations of policy wordings in the resolution of coverage issues
- Applying applicable Priority Rules chart to each claim file
- Processing income replacement, non-earner, and attendant care claims
- Reserving files appropriately after assessing claim
- Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
- Processing payments after confirming benefits, eligibility and reserves
- Coordinating the most effective course of action for claims
- Confirming collateral benefits
- Responding to claimant correspondence and accident benefit forms in accordance with the applicable legislation
- Reviewing and approving, when appropriate, treatment plans for claimant rehabilitation
- Arranging insurer examinations to determine benefits eligibility
- Preparing referral packages and obtaining the necessary medical information for insurer examinations
- Responding to assessment recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree, college diploma in related field or the CIP designation
- Minimum 2-3 years of claims handling experience
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
- Able to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary range is $47,400 - $87,100
Interested in this role, but don't meet every requirement? We encourage you to apply! We know from experience that a candidate doesn't need 100% of the qualifications listed to bring incredible value to our team. We're actively seeking diverse backgrounds and perspectives to help us make insurance better. At Definity, inclusion, diversity, and equity aren't just "nice to have" — they're essential to our success.
What's in it for you?
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate in various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
It's better here — but don't take our word for it. Definity was named by Great Place to Work® as one of the Best Workplaces™ in Canada for women, for youth, and for inclusion.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
This role requires successful clearance of background checks (including criminal checks and leadership references).