Specialist, Property Claims
Job ID : 7039
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Dartmouth, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
In this role, you are responsible to Investigate, evaluate and resolve large or complex property losses including losses of a suspicious nature from start to finish
- Investigating, evaluating and resolving large or complex property losses including losses of a suspicious nature from start to finish, including settlement negotiations and first party litigation.
- Confirming policy coverage by ensuring the facts of the claim fall within the scope of our claims policies.
- Maintaining detailed file records by entering pertinent data into the appropriate systems
- Involving appropriate vendors within guidelines.
- Liasubg with and involving SIU and SDQP team when necessary
- Processing claims payments within the level of authority after verifying claimants entitlement.
- Identifying all Subrogation and Salvage opportunities.
- Training junior adjusters as requested from time to time during course of investigations.
- Handling other claims assignments/projects as required
Your Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Effective written and verbal communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, with both customers and co-workers
- Able to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- 10+ years handling commercial and personal property claims, with demonstrated progression and competence on large, complex claims
- Strong understanding of personal and commercial wordings
- University degree from any discipline. College diploma within a relevant discipline from a minimum two-year program at a provincially recognized and funded community college and/or the CIP/FCIP designation is required.
- Atlantic Licensing is an asset
Salary range is $54,000 - $100,800
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).