This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 7040
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Vancouver, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Setting up incoming claims, including entering information into the claims system, distributing to the appropriate claims representative
- Digital document management: prepare, scan, validate and digitally process claims documents, preforming necessary checks and corrections
- Process and reconcile payments within level of authority
- Provide data tracking support and manage spreadsheets
- Creating letter packages, mail processing and distribution
- Photocopying and filing (managing closed filing and archiving)
- Maintain shared email boxes within established guidelines and service standards
- Maintaining workload within established guidelines and service standards
- Other general duties as assigned
What do you bring to the role?
- You’ve got the three Ps down pat - personable, productive and professional when talking on the phone with customers or coworkers
- You’re at your best when things get busy. You’ve mastered the art of staying calm and thinking fast on your feet. You’re definitely not afraid of change!
- You love the idea of being part of a team.
- You have a thirst for learning and pushing your own development.
- You can juggle multiple projects without missing a beat or a single detail
- Not only do you have excellent written and verbal skills, you might also be a bit psychic because you always seem to be able to anticipate the needs of your team.
- High school diploma, but preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education
- Well organized, detailed oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong keyboarding skills and are adept at navigating through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- Previous exposure in an accounting function would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Word and Excel
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).