Procurement Sourcing Coordinator
Job ID : 7032
Category : Finance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Procurement, you are a member of the enterprise procurement department and support the overall sourcing activities for Definity in accordance with the policies, guidelines and service levels established. You would work with other team members for the attainment of team objectives and goals as well as internal business units and external company contacts to support sourcing, procurement and contract related activities throughout Definity.
What can you expect in this role?
- Procurement/Sourcing: a)develop and maintain sources of supply for commonly ordered products/services, b) research and recommend substitute products and alternative sources if original requirements cannot be satisfied, c) procure products and services as requested by all business units within requisite costs, quantity and quality/time constraints. d) negotiate price, delivery costs, service and quality, e) place orders with approved vendors and ensure that items/services ordered are received to the satisfaction of the requestor, f) investigate incorrect or late orders and initiate corrective action or recommendations for resolution g) collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Contract Negotiations: provide support on contract negotiations with vendors and sourcing partners to deliver value and/or savings to the organization
- Contract Management: in partnership with Legal Services, act as the liaison between internal clients and vendors to resolve problems and or discrepancies, renew or terminate contracts, interpret terms and conditions and review and address contractual gaps.
- Relationship Management: developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendor partners.
What do you bring to the role?
- You have a completed post-secondary education (university degree or public college diploma), and potentially CSCMP designation
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role within a corporate / business environment with experience in indirect supply chain/procurement functions
- You have significant sourcing/procurement experience with in-direct sourcing in one or more of the following areas: insurance, technology, corporate services, human resources
- Experienced in contract review/drafting while working with various business units as well as legal and risk assess and complete contract process
- You are an effective communicator, influencer and negotiator with strong interpersonal skills
- You are a solution-oriented thinker and problem solver with a high level of attention to detail
- Your negotiation, presentation, facilitation and planning expertise are second to none
- Insurance industry experience would be beneficial but is not required
Salary range is $41,400 - $76,200
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).