Team Leader, Auto Claims
Job ID : 6991
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Leading a team of Claims Representatives
- Providing the team with direction and coaching to ensure the efficient handling of telephone adjusted auto and property claims.
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to the team in the management of day-to-day business issues applying Performance Management Cycle model.
- Analyzing, developing and implementing an efficient claims system by monitoring delivery systems, procedures and methods to help improve processes and results.
- Monitoring and managing new intake and pending analysis.
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to claims representatives by reviewing reports, discussing options, and developing action plans.
- Coaching and developing to maintain sufficient reserves to cover losses.
- Coaching and developing the team to achieve Economical claims file quality standards.
- Monitoring and analyzing service levels.
- Fostering staff development by assisting with the selection of staff, conducting performance evaluations, providing ongoing and effective feedback, identifying training opportunities and keeping staff informed of changes to policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the performance management of assigned staff.
- Initiating interviews for vacancies within the unit and making recommendations for new hires.
- Must be available to work within the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or College diploma in any discipline or hold a CIP designation
- Minimum of 5 years’ claims experience
- Adjuster License 5A – Commercial and Personal lines
- Candidate must be fully bilingual (French/English) High degree of proficiency with English required to service customers, both internal to the company and external, across Canada.
- Leadership experience is preferred including experience in performance management
- Demonstrated organizational, negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills are essential
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).