Branch Office Administrator
Job ID : 6983
Category : Petline Insurance
Brand : Petline
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Winnipeg, Canada
Petline is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
In this role, you will:
- Reporting to the AVP, Petline Operations this position performs a wide variety of administrative support services, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the Petline division.
- Have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion, and professionalism, is able to accept and assume responsibility, and has the ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with prescribed procedures and practices of the organization.
- Be responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative duties, all of which contribute to the fast-paced and professional operation and branch support for this location.
- You’ll compile information, correspondence and documentation as requested.
- You’ll provide support to the management team by assisting with administrative requests, arranging their bi-weekly meetings with the AVP, arranging weekly meetings with the Core management team, distributing meeting minutes, and extensive follow-up on items as needed.
- You’ll attend meetings, as required, to record minutes and distribute to respective team members.
- You’ll organize department meetings as needed, and setup rooms for the events.
- You’ll organize team events, including setup/cleanup of events, catering requests, coordinating team activities (including virtually), travel arrangements and accommodations as required.
- Work with landlord on facility requirements for floor maintenance.
- Assist with National Sales event coordination.
- Maintain corporate Risk Management documentation.
- You’ll be part of the Health & Safety Committee and will support as needed by coordinating meetings and supplying information regarding office updates.
- Maintain coffee machines, setup service calls when needed and order supplies.
- You’ll maintain office orderliness including office room organization and decorations.
- Maintain Petline staff list including employees across Canada.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, including system access assignment, building access card setup,
- Preparation and distribution of reports and internal communications.
- Accurately process and allocate expenses monthly along with quarterly budget.
- Assist internal teams with administrative and office support as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of workstation moves with Corporate Facilities.
- Maintain and administer security access passes.
- Print, photocopy and distribute documentation as requested.
Your Skills and Experience
- College diploma in a related administrative discipline required.
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative role supporting a department within a corporate environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- A team player adaptable to a changing environment.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and ability / willingness to jump in when help is required.
- Strong creativity skills, ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative, and be proactive.
- Ability to maintain confidential company information.
- Solid technical and computer skills (proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Professional, friendly, and courteous in all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform well in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong observational skills and extremely detail oriented.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow, which can be marked with frequent interruptions and competing demands.
- Able to interact with individuals in a broad range of situations at all levels of management, which regularly requires tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).