Payroll Analyst (18-month Contract)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6956
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
Reporting to the Team Lead, Payroll, as Payroll Analyst, you will be a member of a team responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the company’s payroll. You will use the Ceridian Dayforce platform and its links to other internal and external information systems to ensure payroll is processed in accordance with the bi-weekly schedule. You will deal with a great deal of highly confidential information and be held to the highest standards of ethical practice in retaining that confidentiality and individual privacy. Most of your day will be spent reviewing payroll impacting transactions and working with tight timelines.
What you’ll be doing
- Importing change files from Oracle Cloud, and benefit and pension/RRSP files from third party vendors into Ceridian Dayforce
- Entering and checking information related to employee lifecycle events such as hires, terminations, status changes and leaves of absences.
- Creating Records of Employment (ROE's) as required
- Auditing and balancing the bi-weekly pay
- Operating the Ceridian Dayforce payroll system, including running pay calculations, and validating and committing the pay cycle
- Completing monthly account reconciliations for payroll holding accounts
- Preparing and submitting periodic remittance requests
- Investigating and providing answers to questions from employees, the Canada Revenue Agency, and Service Canada
What you bring
- 2-3 years of payroll experience
- Hold a Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) or Payroll Leadership Professional (PLP) designation through The National Payroll Institute, or a University degree or College diploma in related field (or in progress)
- Solid working knowledge of payroll legislation and best practices
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Adept at decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Highly organized and a natural multi-tasker who can prioritize multiple projects
- Professional, friendly and customer focused team player
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce for Canada and experience with Oracle Cloud HCM considered an asset
This role is an 18-month Contract.
The range for this position is $47,400 - $87,100.
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).