Senior Actuarial Analyst, Commercial Property Pricing
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6957
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : North York, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
This role is responsible for analysis pertaining to rate adequacy, including analysis of loss and premium trends, production of rate indications and development of rating structures using mutli-variate actuarial models. Support is provided to product development in commercial insurance.
What can you expect in this role?
- Emphasis on learning various actuarial operations and the insurance business, such as underwriting, claims handling and product development.
- Leverage professional experience with spreadsheets, databases and statistical software to compile and categorize data used in more advanced pricing, reserving and profitability analysis.
- Communicate actuarial concepts and make recommendations to management both verbally and in writing with supporting documentation.
- Produce various data exhibits and analysis relating to measuring, tracking and monitoring company and industry performance.
- Independently respond to routine requests of internal and external stakeholders related to standard reports and processes.
- Perform peer reviews on the technical and qualitative analysis of peers and more junior staff.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any one of the following programs: Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Must have completed 4 to 6 exams of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Must have 2 to 5 years of relevant full time experience.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong programming skills, including knowledge of Python, R, SAS and VBA and efficient use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Access, etc.).
Salary range is $68,100 - $136,200
Actual salary for the role may vary depending on work location of the successful candidate and other factors including but not limited to, skills, education, experience, working conditions and the local labour market. In addition to base pay, eligible employees may participate various incentive plans which are paid out at the discretion of the company and subject to individual and company performance.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).