Coordinator, Sales & Distribution
Job ID : 6952
Category : Sales & Distribution
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Coordinator, Sales & Distribution role will report into the AVP, BD and Small Business in the Quebec region. This role has two distinct functions. First, they will be accountable for projects and event planning and other operational tasks such as agreement creation/amendments as well as data analysis. Secondly, they will be responsible for a variety of administrative support services for the Quebec BD team, as well as provide support for the AVP, BD & Small Business.
Project and Event Planning:
- Involved from the beginning of project (PI) Economical that will be implemented in Quebec. This role will source feedback from brokers and bring it back to the project team. They will also assess feasibility and ease of doing business to be sure that what we launch is successful and adopted by brokers.
- Will communicate and participate in other project meetings such as Product, Pricing and Underwriting Change Meetings, TAG meetings and broker rehab meetings and will bring back information to the Quebec BD team.
- Will provide support and feedback on strategic planning and conduct follow up.
- Will meet with the different teams regularly to ensure to coordination of different projects.
- Will organize broker and employee events in region (ex: Broker Association in Quebec (RCCAQ) and Women in Insurance (WICC)
- Responsible for following up on all agreements for the Quebec Region
- Will write unique agreements and will make amendments to all French broker agreements as applicable.
- Will analyze and interpret data specific to the Quebec region and will to present back to the Quebec BD team.
- Provide admin support to the leadership team and department as assigned.
- Ordering supplies, scanning, photocopying, filing, sorting and distribution of mail and reports.
- Provide required support that includes database administration, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Act as back up support for department team members during absences and peak periods, learning key responsibilities.
Budget and Expenses:
- Develop framework budget based on historical data and business plans. Input budget, co-ordinate budget process and ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitor monthly reports and track expenses, following up on discrepancies when necessary.
- Review all direct report expense reports for accuracy and policy compliance.
- Complete, prepare and submit payment of invoices and company expenses.
- Using own judgment, responsible for handling expenses to an authorized maximum amount.
- Review emails and correspondence to determine urgency and importance; escalating when necessary, and ensuring that highly sensitive, proprietary, and confidential information is released only to those authorized.
- Manage and schedule appointments independently to ensure most efficient use of their time.
- Plan and execute all aspects of meetings and special events including venue and technical support arrangements and the development of Power Point presentations.
- Initiate and manage documentation including highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Co-ordinate and complete all Human Resources administrative processes relating to direct reports including new hires, performance reviews, compensation, and succession planning.
- First point of contact for telephone calls, responding to requests, re-directing to appropriate areas, or escalating when necessary.
- Arrange and co-ordinate travel as applicable.
- Continually improve existing processes and procedures to meet the changing needs of the Group.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key contacts and Senior Management teams to ensure good flow of communication.
- College diploma in a relevant discipline
- Bilingual, English and French is a must. High degree of proficiency with English required to service customers, both internal to the company and external, across Canada.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative, event planning experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Strong ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders.
- Client focused with demonstrated superior client service skills.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).