Manager, Accident Benefits Claims
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6935
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : North York, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What you can Expect in this role?
- Lead a team of 5 - 7 Team Leaders overseeing a portfolio of Accident Benefit claims
- Provide strategic direction, coaching and mentorship to Team Leaders
- Drive financial, strategic and operational objectives
- Provide technical oversight, authority and direction
- Effective planning, recruiting, development and retention of skilled and engaged talent
- Engage all stakeholders in effective portfolio management ,including underwriting, actuary and senior claims leadership.
- Ensure appropriate governance and oversight.
- Drive our quality assurance, transformation and continuous improvement journey
- Creating, implementing and measuring action plans to address gaps and opportunities
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional claims teams and broker partners
- Have a team mentality and ability to work outside of silos.
- Lead change
What do you bring to this role?
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year college diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college
- Completion of FCIP, CIP or CRM designation is an asset
- A minimum of 10 years general claims handling experience
- A minimum of 5 years claims leadership experience
- Proficiency and strong knowledge of Accident Benefits claims handling and portfolio management
- You must be enthusiastic and goal oriented
- Execution focused with a demonstrated history of change management
- Experience in an agile and fast paced environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
- You bring a sense of understanding and inclusion to problem solving
- Develop collaborative relationships with both external and internal customers
- You’re dependable with strong interpersonal skills
- Engagement and culture champion
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Excel)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).