Bilingual Claims Adjuster (Petline Insurance)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6932
Category : Petline Insurance
Brand : Petline
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Petline is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
In this role, you will adjudicate pen health claims in compliance with the policy terms and conditions. You will also provide expert guidance to cross-functional teams to facilitate attainment of profitability targets.
- Assess eligibility of claim conditions based on policy wordings
- Assess claims and requesting medical records for review in association with claims
- Assess requests for Pre-Authorizations and Pay Practice Direct claim forms and determining outcome of disallowance or approval
- Provide support of decisions and guidance on product and claims adjudication for Insurance Advisors and Territory Managers
- Provide support and guidance to veterinary practices through the Vetline
- Collaborate with channel partners and customer policy holders to obtain information for claims submissions and adjudication
- Provide support to customer and channel partner enquiries in regard to claims submissions and conducting post-claims customer surveys to strive toward improving Net Promoter Score
- Draft customer correspondence and documents of insurance
Your Skills and Experience
- Animal Health Technologist (AHT) designation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Holder of an AMF Quebec License is a MUST.
- Previous veterinary clinic experience.
- Bilingual French / English is a must.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).