Technician, Underwriting (Property) - Full time New Graduate (May 2024 Start Date)
Job ID : 6919
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Underwrite different types of transactions, including (but not limited to) renewals and policy changes depending on your level of authority.
- Work with the team to maintain a profitable insurance portfolio.
- Develop and apply knowledge of product solutions, types of risks and Economical processes.
- Provide exceptional service to broker partners in all interactions.
- Contribute to the achievement of established service level agreements and operational service level agreements.
- Constantly meet expectations in terms of production and quality of the subscription.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of underwriting guidelines and standard operating procedures, risk exposure factors, pricing structures, types of guarantees, reinsurance structures and hazards in order to assess risks. class and rate transactions.
- Ensure that insurance policies are priced according to company guidelines and that the rate is adequate in the relevant policy management system.
- Ensure compliance with provincial auto insurance regulations.
- Identify and escalate gaps in SharePoint, case management system, policy management systems and phone system performance, as well as help find opportunities for continuous improvement to maximize efficiency and broker experience.
What do you bring to the role?
- Completed high school diploma and relevant work experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have post-secondary credential (s) or the CIP designation.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a commercial underwriting support position.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, both with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to perform tasks well in a busy period and to maintain composure under pressure.
- Team spirit and ability to adapt well to a changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).