Auto Image Desk Appraiser
Job ID : 6910
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : North York, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Review and evaluate electronic physical damage appraisals
- Completes appraisal and negotiates with repair facilities on proper repair methods and pricing
- Controls expenditure to repair facilities by following up promptly on all supplemental requests
- Completes remote appraisals and negotiates with third parties
- Reviews and completes photo based estimation
- Processes total loss claims in an expedited manner
- Participates in team performance meetings
- Covers all regions within Canada (become familiar with various regional differences)
- Completes Autosource information documents for total loss files and stolen (not recovered blind acv) vehicles when requested
- Provides technical expertise (assistance) to adjusting staff when requested
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in automobile repair techniques, estimating software, hardware, and vehicle evaluations
- Maintains and updates job skills based on the latest technology
- Handles complex day-to-day physical damage issues
- Detail oriented with a high degree and focus on accuracy
- Serve as a technical resource person to assist to less experienced team members
What do you bring to the role?
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience either appraising/estimating automobile physical damages or working within an imaging desk or equivalent role
- Certified Auto-Body Repairer License (class A or B / 310B license OR Red Seal) is an asset
- An Appraiser’s Certification of Qualification from the GAA would also be an asset for this position. (Quebec Only)
- Proficiency and strong knowledge with the Audatex Solera estimating software is an asset
- Technical knowledge of auto body collision and mechanical repairs is an asset
- College/university/technical degree is an asset
- Must have good working knowledge of the collision industry
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Completion of I-Car and/or technical courses is an asset
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Provide empathetic customer service
- Develop collaborative relationships with both external and internal customers
- Excellent and responsive negotiation skills
- You must be enthusiastic and goal oriented
- Work in a fast-paced environment with continual changes
- You bring a sense of understanding and inclusion to problem solving
- You’re dependable with strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Fully proficient in French and English would be an asset
- Perform other duties as required
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).