Job ID : 6911
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect from the role?
- This role will report to the leader of Training & Communication in our Commercial Insurance Business Unit.
- You will be joining a team of passionate insurance training, communications, and change professionals – a team that is excited to continue to support and empower the growth of a national business through a holistic multi-year transformation program
- Based on solid organizational change management principles, work closely with initiative owners/senior leaders to analyze project/program requirements and outcomes to determine change strategy and recommend a plan that builds awareness, desire, knowledge, ability and reinforcement of the required changes.
- Apply your deep understanding of the diverse elements of change management including embedding process & systems change, skills development, culture & behaviour change, as well as supporting business leaders to develop their abilities to lead through change
- Develop trusted stakeholder relationships and change communications deliverables
- Conduct audience analyses, including identfying opportunities and hesitancies associated with change, in order to influence the way stakeholders at all levels think about and navigate change
- Manage the execution of the change strategy and plan for transformation initiatives, working with initiative owners and partnering with our HR Business Partners, Integrated Marketing and Communications, and Learning and Development teams as required.
- Through participation in regular Commercial Transformation meetings, bring forward strategic insights and employee impact assessments, escalate issues, share lessons learned, and assess future ways of working to improve our Commercial Transformation program
What you bring to the role?
- 8-10 years’ experience working through strategy, design, development, and implementation of organizational change management/ transformation initiatives with a focus on the impact to people, processes, technology, and organizational structure.
- Expertise and experience in change management principles, methodologies and organizational communication.
- Strong experience providing project management support for change management workstreams (estimation, strategic planning, scope management, tracking and oversight, status reporting).
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Very proficient in using Powerpoint and other communication tools to create compelling stories and/or effectively communicate information.
- Highly energetic and delivery focused, with the ability to deliver quality results.
- Positive, collaborative approach with the ability to lead and influence when issues arise.
- An effective change agent who possesses the influencing skills needed to help the organization adopt new ways of thinking and to embrace more sophisticated business tools.
- Ability to identify, articulate and drive issues to resolution.
- PROSCI certification, or equivalent, is an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).