Specialist, Inside Investigation
Job ID : 6902
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Develop investigation strategies to eliminate or verify whether fraud indicators detected are supported through investigation. Investigations will include developing investigation strategies, taking recorded statements, interviewing witnesses, ordering and analyzing expert and other reports, conducting internet research on topics related to investigations, contacting police or other government agencies, conducting Examination Under Oaths and fulfilling other investigation requirements.
What can you expect in this role?
- Report to the Team Leader – SIU
- Complete detailed investigations of claims received by the SIU Analyst. This will be investigation of a mix of Accident Benefits, Property & Auto related claims.
- Provide tactical support to SIU Field Investigations
- Develop investigation strategies to eliminate or verify whether fraud indicators detected are supported through investigation. Investigations will include developing investigation strategies, taking recorded statements, interviewing witnesses, ordering and analyzing expert and other reports, conducting internet research on topics related to investigations, contacting police or other government agencies, conducting Examination Under Oaths and fulfilling other investigation requirements
- When providing tactical support to SIU Field Investigations, you will prepare correspondence to an insured, assist with ordering reports or tasks as requested by the SIU Field Investigators. This could include participating with field investigations or training other stakeholders
- Where referred claims are cleared for resolution, arrange for settlement process to begin using the appropriate channel
What do you bring to the role?
- A university degree from an accredited university or a diploma from an accredited community college. Completion of, working towards or a willingness to obtain their CIP designation
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience handling and settling Accident Benefits claims and/or Commercial & Personal Property Claims is required.
- Any experience with multi-line adjusting experience in Accident Benefits, Property & Auto related insurance claim is preferred.
- The ability to work with a suite of Microsoft products (i.e. excel).
- A working knowledge of business or fraud analytics software or fraud detection programs is an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).