Claims Analyst - Winter 2024 Co-op/Intern
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6877
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Waterloo, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Winter (January 8, 2024 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month or 8-month or 12-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assign and log all of the SIU referrals appropriately and within the required timelines.
- Monitors and responds to all SIU email requests sent to the Triage team.
- Assist with the development of SIU training modules and presentations when required.
- Actively collaborate with members of the Triage team, SIU Investigators, Claims Line of Business, Advanced Analytics to develop best practices, establish guidelines, policies around fraud detection and claim scenarios.
- Work closely with the Advanced Analytics team to create improvements to develop better claim referrals from the Fraud Analytics tool.
- Assist SIU Team Lead and SIU Management on all ad hoc requests and reports.
- Other duties as assigned by management or as needed.
What you bring:
- Currently pursuing a University or College Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics Psychology, Legal Studies or other related fields
- Interest handling claims or working in an organization that investigates incidents involving fraud and/or other related activities preferred but not required
- We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
- A willingness to obtain their CIP designation.
- The ability to work with a suite of Microsoft products (ie. excel).
- A working knowledge of business or fraud analytics software or fraud detection programs is an asset.
- Able to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Problem solving skills – with the ability to consider how things work from multiple perspectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Great time management, ability to multi-task and strong attention to details
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it:
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).