Technology Business Coordinator Winter 2024 Co-op/Intern
Job ID : 6881
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT – INSERT INTO ORC
Work term: Winter (January 8, 2024 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month or 8-month or 12-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and maintain new and existing intake requests through JIRA & Clarity
- Clarity and JIRA intake request tracking and reporting
- Liaise with business partners to identify and define problem statements and objectives to achieve desired customer outcome
- Provide 2022 Strategic Planning support and consolidation of all requests
- Creation and/or updating of executive PowerPoint presentations
- Chair meetings, take & distribute minutes to all team members and stakeholders
- Keep the Technology Business Partner or Architect apprised of any emerging issues as they arise that may impact our customer
- Assist in quality assurance (engineering) tasks as needed
- Liaise with Technology Delivery Manager in the management of change tickets (via ITSM processes) as needed
- Consolidate and manage team confluence pages
What you bring:
- Currently enrolled in a University or College Program; preferred field of study is Computer Science, Technology or related Business discipline.
- Previous experience working in a technology solution environment is an asset
- Previous experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Teams is an asset
- Experience with JIRA, ServiceNow, Clarity (CA PPM), ServiceNow is an asset
- Self-driven, able to move tasks & requests forward independently and with personal accountability
- Team player and excellent collaborator, able to both lead & participate to develop solutions with strong customer focus
- Detailed orientated, organized and resourceful
- Adaptive and Agile, able to rapidly pivot your efforts between multiple priorities as business needs change to provide value to our customers
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).