Process Analyst - Winter 2024 Co-op/Intern
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6889
Category : Commercial Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Winter (January 8th start)
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
This individual will conduct process analysis, consolidate findings and develop recommendations on business processes, procedures and tools within Personal Insurance. The Business Process Specialist Co-op will prepare process documentation through various means including observations and interviews.
What you’ll be doing
Current State Analysis:
- Completes full current state analysis to understand baseline performance and business requirements.
- Conducts interviews and observations as needed to understand current processes.
- Creates process maps (and other workflow documentation as required).
- Understands and documents current process performance through KPIs and customer experience data.
- Applies various continuous improvement tools and techniques to identify causes of gaps between current and required performance (e.g. value stream analysis, waste identification, root cause analysis).
- Shares findings and recommendations with business leaders.
Future State Design
- Provide recommendations of potential solutions and processes to their leader to meet or exceed business requirements and objectives.
- Shares findings and recommendations with business leaders.
- Collaborates with leader to challenges stakeholders to ensure new design will meet business requirements and embodies continuous improvement principles (e.g. fast cycle time, minimize waste, focus on the customer).
Test, Execute, Evaluate and Support Sustainment of New Design
- Work with business partners to execute implementation of new design.
- Provide periodic monitoring of adherence to new design.
- Raise and address issues with adherence of new design.
Knowledge Sharing and Management
- Acts as a focal point for processes, tools and best practices related to process analysis and continuous improvement.
- Follows best practices for knowledge management (e.g. storing documents).
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring
- Currently enrolled in a University or College Program
- Exceptional customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail, proactive and responsive to short deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to use data to help form decisions from an execution perspective.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present data and information in a logical way, and ability to influence and achieve support for change. Able to adapt communications to different audiences.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw insights, understand the 'so what', and communicate key findings.
- Creative, innovative thinker who sees beyond how things are done today to imagine a better way, and thinks about the big picture, long term direction.
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).