Test Automation Developer - Winter 2024 Co-op/Intern
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6885
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Temporary
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Kitchener, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Winter (January 8, 2024 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
Quality Assurance is a highly strategic and challenging area of our IT business that deals with the validation and verification of software systems and data. Economical Insurance is seeking a technical Student in Quality Assurance to join us in this important area.
You are a student of a Computer Science or related program. You want to work in an Agile team in a professional environment and expand your skills on a project that matters. You are willing to get your hands dirty both testing and/or coding. Your programming skills and expertise in software are impeccable.
This is a technical role, spans multiple technology spaces, and offers a good opportunity to gain and apply experience in a range of systems supporting multiple projects and infrastructures. The successful candidate will be involved with identifying test scenarios, creating and executing test cases and potentially writing automated test scripts.
You'll be working closely with the Quality Engineering team that operates in an Agile environment, working on initiatives that span the business to implement common QA, DevOps, and Development goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyzing requirements in order to identify and create test scenarios
- Designing and scripting automated tests on Web Apps and Mobile Apps
- Designing, creating and executing manual tests
- Testing data seeding, data masking and data analysis
- Analysis and reporting of testing results
- Working in an Agile environment to achieve the highest possible quality standards and improve current QE capabilities
What you bring
- Working toward bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, C++ or Python
- Experience in mobile browser and mobile app (Android, IOS) testing and testing automation assets
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs an asset
- Understanding of the manipulation of XML and XSD Schemas an asset
- Proficiency working with JSON, XML, CSV data formats
- Hands-on skill and utilization of SQL for the querying of relational data
- Hands on exposure to Test Automation Frameworks / Test Harness an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and approaches an asset
- Understanding of and experience with DevOps an asset
- Experience and understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Strong English communication skills - both verbal and written
Did you know?
- We care about our co-ops: Definity’s co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
- Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
- Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
- Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
- Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
- Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work!
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).