Bilingual Insurance Advisor
Job ID : 6891
Category : Sonnet Insurance
Brand : Sonnet
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Sonnet is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What kind of work approach can I expect?
We promote flexible teleworking. We give more flexibility and responsibility for where and how we work — whether it's working in the office or remotely. We ask employees to come to the office to participate in important meetings, whether for training, town halls, performance reviews, ad hoc team meetings and one-on-one meetings – this is a mandatory ask of 2 times per month.
During training, new employees will be asked to come to the office 2 times per week to encourage learning and peer collaboration. Telecommuting requires a private and comfortable workspace, in addition to an excellent internet connection.
Brief description of role and responsibilities:
- Answering customer questions about our products. As we are an omnichannel call center, you should be comfortable answering the phone, chat, or email.
- Strive for first call resolution.
- Work with other departments, as required, to respond to client issues quickly and efficiently.
- Continuously gain knowledge about our products, because no matter how much training you take, you will always have to learn to provide impeccable service to our customers.
- Meet our quality assurance requirements, such as follow-up calls and survey feedback to our customers.
- We also consider productivity or hourly interactions, to ensure that our customers' calls are answered in a timely manner.
What do you bring to the role?
- It helps if you’ve done this before, so if you have one year or more of experience in customer service where you were known to be a top producer and left a trail of smiling, happy customers, we want to speak to you! If you have but, for less than a year, then it’s probably best if you get more experience. We will still be here when you are ready.
- We want people that don’t think working in customer service is anything less than an amazing job, that it is an extremely important part of a company’s success and is a highly respected role.
- Having a college or university degree is an asset.
- Must obtain your Ontario insurance license (OTL) during the first two years of employment (training included)
- You must hold a valid license from the AMF in personal lines insurance You must also be prepared to meet your license requirements, through continuing education or CIP courses.
- You must be fluently bilingual (in French and English) and be able to respond to customer inquiries in both languages.
- Previous experience working in an inbound call center and/or retail store would be considered a bonus. It would be considered a plus if you have experience supporting an online, digital company.
- We use computers and other technology to do our jobs. You must be comfortable with various forms of technology and be web-savvy.
- A lot changes around here and there is a lot to learn so, you must have a proven ability to shift and pivot as the business requires.
- You need to be skilled at de-escalating customer’s concerns and problem solving to reach a resolution.
Please note that our regular business hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. All applicants must be able to work shifts during these hours. These are subject to change depending on the business needs but don't worry, we believe it's important to notify you of any shift changes several weeks in advance, so you can prepare.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).