Associate Analyst, Business Systems - Full time New Graduate (May 2024 Start Date)
Job ID : 6873
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
YOUR NEXT STEPS AS NEW GRADUATES
From classroom to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That’s why it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you’ll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time and part time alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
Start date: May or September 2024
Duration: Full Time Position
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master (and/or Project Manager) and the team to develop and maintain a prioritized Product backlog of User Stories/Requirements, and develop the Release plan
- Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate functional and non-functional business, system and implementation requirements
- Write concise User Stories which include precise acceptance Criteria, accurate Specifications by Example and testable Functional Scenarios
- Plan and conduct acceptance reviews with business sponsors and delivery team to confirm delivered functionality
- Validates the correctness of delivered requirements in advance of the active business owner reviewing completed work
- Helps estimate delivery work necessary to realize requirements through development lifecycle
- Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement and makes associated recommendations.
- Participate in client project meetings, as required.
- Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations.
- Assist with triaging client reported issues when required.
What you bring
- Self-starter who can set own priorities and can work independently
- A willing and open attitude to learn and grow
- Flexible in your work approach to meet the needs of a diverse and changing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- Analytical skills to visualize, articulate, and solve problems and concepts
- Any knowledge of insurance domain knowledge is an asset.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it:
Did you know?
- We care about our new graduates: Definity’s students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
- We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
- We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighborhoods in which we live and work.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).