Job ID : 6862
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Montreal, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Travel to various sites within Montreal and surrounding area to review automotive physical damage and conduct appraisals
- Complete appraisal and negotiates with repair facilities on proper repair methods and pricing
- Control expenditure to repair facilities by following up promptly on further damage reported by the repair facility
- Complete remote appraisals and negotiates with third parties (facilities that are not part of preferred vendor program)
- Review subrogation estimates for proper repair methods and pricing
- Assist and cooperates with colleagues during busy periods
- Process total loss claims in an expedited manner
- Complete vehicle re-inspections as required.
- Participate in various team and performance meetings
- Cover all regions within Canada within the remote estimating program and Image Capture
- Complete Autosource information documents for total loss files and stolen (not recovered) vehicles when requested
- Provide technical expertise (assistance) to adjusting staff when requested in person or remotely
- Maintain a high level of expertise in automobile repair techniques, estimating software and hardware and vehicle evaluations
- Provide possible new methods to improve current workflow for team leader review
- Perform desk audits to assure compliance
- Handle towing issues in consultation with the towing team
- Work in tandem with other appraisers when required to cover staffing shortages, vacation time, absences etc.
What do you bring to the role?
- Minimum 4 years of direct experience appraising/estimating automobile physical damages
- Preference will be given to candidate with a Certified Auto-Body Repairmen License (class A or B / 310B Journeyman OR Red Seal)
- A member of the Groupement des Assureurs Automobiles (GAA) would be an asset has it is required for this role
- Proficiency with estimating software is required (Audatex, Mitchell)
- Technical knowledge of auto body collision and mechanical repairs
- College/university/technical degree is an asset
- Must have good working knowledge of the collision industry
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Completion of I-Car and/or technical courses is an asset (continued education will be required)
- Must be proficient with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Must bring a positive attitude and team focus to the role
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders
- Fluently bilingual (French and English)
- Valid Quebec Driver’s License and clean driving record
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).