Job ID : 6841
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Edmonton, Canada
Economical is part of Definity, which includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, Definity has grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
We are looking for a motivated Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant to join our technical processing team. As an entry-level processing role, you will work collaboratively with our underwriting team to support the underwriting process and provide exceptional service to our brokers and customers.
- Assist with various tasks related to the underwriting process, including data entry, report ordering, and policy systems management
- Collaborate with colleagues in the commercial underwriting department to ensure work is accurately and fully completed
- Contribute to achieving our customer service level promises, meeting quality and production expectations on a regular basis
- Familiarize yourself with our underwriting processes, guidelines, and workflow to complete tasks accurately
- Support general office duties and other tasks as required
- Strong typing skills and overall computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a professional manner
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to learn
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary education and/or working towards a Chartered Insurance Professional designation is an asset
- Previous insurance experience would be an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).