Sr Associate, Integration Management Office
Job ID : 6840
Category : Strategy & Legal
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
As a new public company aiming to achieve its bold inorganic growth strategy, the organization is seeking a Sr Associate to join the Integration Management Office (IMO) to M&A integration planning and execution. The successful candidate is expected to use their prior M&A integration experience to assist in planning and coordination of various M&A integration activities.
What can you expect in this role?
- Support the Integration Management Office (IMO) to successfully plan, organize, coordinate, and deliver the integration by ensuring effective collaboration with stakeholders across multiple disciplines and functional areas
- Work on M&A integration initiatives, coordinating and monitoring cross-functional activities to ensure successful and timely completion
- Prepare high quality deliverables to support M&A integration planning, management, and documentation requirements
- Create and maintain comprehensive detailed documentation including meeting minutes, action plans and status reports
- Create strategic and tactical presentation decks to senior management that communicate M&A integration progress and risks effectively and succinctly
- Do all this in a fun and supportive team led by leaders who encourage pursuit of your passions and ambitions
- Work at a company with a people-focused culture that values giving back to the community and wellness
- Facilitate workshops with broad range of functional stakeholders and identify cross-functional issues, dependencies, and risks for resolution
What do you bring to this role?
- 3-5 years of experience gained at a top tier management consulting firm in an M&A integration / value creation practice or industry working in an IMO team
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional activities in prior M&A integrations
- Undergraduate degree at a leading university, with high proven achievement
- Acute attention to detail and strong commitment to producing excellent work products
- Expert proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel is required; working knowledge of MS Visio, MS Project and/or other project management tools is strongly preferred
- Insurance industry experience is not necessary, but experience in financial services or a publicly traded company environment is an asset
*This is not a technology/system integration role*
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).