Advisor, Claims Technical - SIU
Job ID : 6819
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Winnipeg, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Job scope & responsibilities:
- Customer experience: Increase our business agility to deliver an exceptional customer and broker experience while balancing fraud detection, investigation and prevention.
- Talented and engaged teams - Increase visbility, reward and recognition, cultivate and implement training and development programs. Communicate emerging trends - case law, process changes, guidelines and protocols.
- Indemnity/expense management: Broaden technical expertise and knowledge of SIU and operational lines staff through stakeholder/committee discussions.
- Efficiency & Scalability: Develop, document and implement protocols, guidelines, and continuous operational improvement plans. Timely completion of audits to drive quality assurance. Advance corporate culture and diversity initiatives.
What you'll be doing?
- Support in resolution of customer complaints/broker/ombudsman
- Improve processes between National Operational teams and SIU
- Collaboration with Enterprise Fraud Insights, SIU Admin, Advanced Analytics and National Operational teams
- Increase visibility through participation in National and SIU huddles, stakeholder, committee, and problem solving sessions
- Reward and recognition: Acknowledge contributions and achieved milestones of front-line staff and peer to peer. Promote use of Definity Plus.
- Cultivate and implement training and development programs: Create and support National and SIU fraud training, streamline internal modules, vet training material
- Review emerging trends/Communicate: Fraud case law, industry fraud/crime, support law enforcement, regulators, and other agencies to action suspicious or fraud losses
- Schedule regular meetings with SIU staff and key stakeholders to develop action strategies against prospective performance to drive indemnity and expense
- litigation support for SIU matters referred to legal counsel
- Assist in development of protocols, guidelines, and continuous improvement plans
- Conduct internal and external audits to monitor regulatory compliance, develop action plans to address gaps, and critically evaluate the effect of plan to conclusion
- Actively participate and contribute to corporate culture and diversity initiatives
- Strengthen collaboration between departments and industry: Internal departments - Claims, Underwriting, Actuary, Analytics, and Finance. External: IBC/Equite
What you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a college diploma in one of the following programs: (2 year diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college in: Insurance, Law & Security, Loss Control or Business Administration) or the CIP designation
- A minimum of 5 years claims experience. Multi-lined claims experience preferred but not mandatory
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).