Actuarial and Advanced Analytics, New Grad Rotational Program (September 2024 Start)
Job ID : 6797
Category : Personal Insurance
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Actuarial and Advanced Analytics, New Grad Rotational Program.
We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to join our Actuarial and Advanced Analytics, New Grad Rotational Program. This program is designed for students who are either about to graduate, or who have graduated within the last two years. The program will provide recent graduates with a comprehensive understanding of being an Actuarial and/or Analytics Analyst within the Property and Casualty Insurance industry. As a participant in the program, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop a strong foundation through a structured rotation across different areas of the business.
The program includes a structured learning plan, plenty of social opportunities to interact and meet others in the field, and access to business leaders who’ll guide and mentor you along the way. Learning through experience, you’ll have the chance to contribute to the growth of our business from the start.
When your program is complete, you'll have advanced business knowledge of the company, new skills and insights, excellent growth opportunities, and are expected to continue your career path by obtaining a role within one of the business units.
Rotational program length: Two-years – three periods of eight months each in any of the business areas listed
Rotational business areas: Advanced Analytics, Corporate Actuarial, Personal Insurance Pricing, Commercial Insurance, Business Operations
What can you expect in this role?
- Develop and apply your experience with spreadsheets, databases, and statistical software to prepare and analyze data for generating insights that inform our strategy of growth and customer satisfaction
- Learn to interpret and use results of new and innovative modelling techniques and analytics to drive business decisions
- Learn to produce various data exhibits and analysis to measure, track, and monitor company and industry performance
- Learn to communicate actuarial and analytical concepts and business rationale both verbally and in writing
- Respond to requests of internal and external stakeholders with support from more senior staff
What do you bring to the role?
- Degree in actuarial sciences, mathematics, statistics, or a relevant discipline progressing towards actuarial accreditation
- Knowledge of Python, R, BigQuery, VertexAI, or SQL considered an asset
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Positive and can-do-attitude
- Collaborative; team player
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
Submit your cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts (either unofficial or official) in one PDF document under the resume section online by September 30, 2023.
- You will be asked to complete a screening interview with a member of our Campus Recruitment Team as part of our first-round selection process.
- Those invited back for the last round will participate in an in-person or virtual interview.
- If you have any questions about Definity’s Graduate Rotational Programs, contact our campus recruitment team at [email protected].
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).