Bilingual Claims Assistant (National Auto Appraisals)
Job ID : 6809
Category : Claims
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Ottawa, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Allocating appraisal assignments via dispatch module for Auto and Property claims to staff and independent appraisers
- Setting up property appraisal assignments in Qapter /Solera system and redirecting/reassigning files within the Solera system
- Reviewing and processing documents received to Image desk appraiser level inspection
- Coordinating with Adjusters, appraisers on appraisal tasks and tracking Appraisal/Appraiser assignments when applicable
- Act as the key point of contact for appraisal inquiry inbox.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree/college diploma preferred
- Bilingual (French and English) Strong written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Extremely organized, able to manage multiple priorities expertly
- Proficient with document management systems, as well as the of document imaging systems
- Strong keyboarding skills/data entry and able to navigate through numerous screens quickly and efficiently
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent collaboration skills
- Able to perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment, professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).