Senior Enterprise Solutions Architect - Engagement Platforms
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID : 6792
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Mississauga, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
Senior Architect - Engagement Platforms
We are looking for a talented and passionate team-player to join the Architecture team as a Senior Architect. You’ll be playing a big part in building the next evolution of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Digital Care Center and other Digital Engagement solutions and platforms currently in use at Definity Financial, as well as to evaluate and integrate new technologies.
Our Technology Stack:
- Salesforce CRM
- Document Management (OpenText Exstream, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle WebCenter)
- Communication Management (Salesforce, Outlook, Twillio, Five 9)
- Identity Management (Auth0, Salesforce)
- RPA Automation (Blue Prism, UI Path)
- Contact Centre technologies, including AI powered digitally assisted technologies, omni-channel technologies, conversational chatbots and knowledge management
What can you expect in this role?
- Accountable to ensuring overall architecture integrity of solution building blocks, while bringing the right enablers of business capabilities and mitigating risk
- Responsible for producing solution architecture artifacts, helping set and maintain architectural standards, as derived by corporate standards bodies such as Architecture Review Board or equivalent
- Build consensus among technology and business stakeholders to ensure delivery of target state architecture while understanding limitations and dependencies
- Being well versed in broader areas and domains such as infrastructure, cybersecurity, data architecture, business intelligence, and front-end digital experience
- Present concepts to senior leaders and executive audience, while being able to explain technical items to an appropriate manner for non-technical audiences
- Continuous engagement with business stakeholders to define business, technical, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Analysis of technology industry, market trends and determine potential impact upon the business services and process
What do you bring to the role?
- 8+ years of strong enterprise software solutions experience
- Proven experience as a software architect in a complex and fast-paced environment with shifting requirements and iterative scope
- Passion to drive a non-hierarchical, agile operating model and ‘roll up the sleeves’, going outside his or her comfort zone to learn, and pushing the team to do the same;
- Well-rounded understanding of business processes and Digital Activation technologies (salesforce.com, Service Now, Call Centre, Web, Document Management), other (SaaS) enterprise solutions and platforms, architecture and DevOps;
- Knowledge of relevant platform and the typical user journeys for customer first processes
- Extensive large scale cloud CRM and SaaS modernization, rationalization, integration and operations experience;
- Practical experience implementing modern engineering practices and technologies used to maximize quality and minimize cost / time to market;
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex (technical) messages and tradeoffs and tell a compelling story;
- Experience in services industry, ideally insurance or banking industry, or other large and complex B2C environment strongly favored;
- University Degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).