Technical Lead, Claim Integrations
Job ID : 6746
Category : Technology Solutions
Brand : Definity
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
The Technical Lead, Claim Integrations is a core member of the Claims Delivery team who is responsible for delivering integration solutions and architectural enhancements. The successful candidate will be responsible for mentoring project team members, alignment with enterprise standards, developing and maintaining source code to design specifications, standards, and user requirements with necessary unit and system testing. With a view to building high quality application solutions, they question legacy design patterns and propose architectural changes aligned with current industry best-practices. Using an Agile mindset, they deliver solutions iteratively, ensuring business benefit is achieved in alignment with Enterprise API Strategy. As part of the Claims Delivery team, work on Guidewire Insurance Suite Integrations utilizing AWS and GCP platform capabilities as per enterprise design standards.
What can you expect in this role?
- Conduct design reviews and support architecture review activities
- Execute on enterprise standards and procedures as applies
- Unblock project and team level issues and impediments.
- Coach and Mentor junior members of the team
- Solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline and tooling required for automated build and deployment capabilities is must.
- Having Working knowledge of Infrastructure as code deployment model is asset.
Solution Design & Code Development
- Design and support microservices/API using Java/Springboot supplemented by automated and manual unit testing
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and both, internal and external clients, to understand the operational objective and purpose of the future system integration
- Collaborate with QE to define testing requirements, automate functional/API contract testing, support regression and performance testing of any integration solution
- Understand the integration points between the different systems and highlight the potential risk associated with the delivery of the solution
- Define detailed technical specifications in co-ordination with peer Business System Analysts
- Proactively identify technical debt and seek ways to enhance overall code performance recommending necessary refactoring needed to achieve target-state-architecture
Deployment, Maintenance & Support of Technology Solutions
- Develop technical designs that support proactive monitoring and maintenance
- Apply coding best practices and leverage custom Enterprise build and deployment framework
- Support Technical Delivery Manager in the identification of enterprise development environment risks and assist in the creation and configuration of environments as needed, to meet the requirements of the solution
- Verify solution documentation is complete, accurate, auditable, and traceable to business and/or system requirements
Agile Enterprise SDLC
- Collaborate with the Technical Delivery Manager (Scrum Master) and team to deliver on committed Sprint goals
- Collaborate with a peer Business System Analyst to develop the prioritized backlog support discovery associated with the same
- Collaborate with Release Management to align initiative delivery with the Enterprise Release cadence
What do you bring to the role?
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing microservices using Java/Springboot
- Practical understanding of enterprise/web architecture using REST
- Relevant experience working with docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- University Degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- Relevant experience working with AWS and/or GCP
- Relevant experience working with data streaming technologies like Kafka
- 4+ years of experience with system integration
- 4+ years relevant experience with API concepts and technologies such as REST, JSON, XML, SOAP, YAML, Swagger/OpenAPI Spec
- 4+ years of software / application design and development experience in an Agile environment with understanding of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of code versing tools such as Git
- Experience with Data modeling is an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).